Sunday, January 12, 2014

JUST DO IT!

Just Do It


Genesis 12:1 “The Lord said to Abram, ‘Leave your country, your people and your father’s household and go to the land I will show you.’”



Write for at least 5 minutes without stopping. Start like this:

The letter I left said, “Going away.” I hefted my luggage, locked the door behind me, and headed …




When God told Abram to leave for an unknown destination, he left without grilling God for the details. There are times as a writer that you have to just get to writing even if you don’t know exactly where you’re going. The same concept may ring true for your whole writing ministry. God could plainly call you to write, but your job is to be obedient and leave the end to Him.


Extended exercise: Write a short prayer relinquishing the need to know the end and renewing your trust of the God who holds the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment