Wednesday, March 5, 2014

THE GOD FACTOR

 
Judges six is about Gideon. God tells him to go and save Israel. “But Lord,’ Gideon asked, ‘how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family.’”
 
 

There’s something encouraging about God using the ordinary people. This is what I love about writing Christian fiction, depicting normal people like myself being led by God to accomplish His purposes in their lives.
 
In your eyes, what is an “average Joe?” Describe that ordinary guy. What kind of modern day feat could God accomplish through Joe? Have Joe explain in his own words what God did through him.
 
Gideon and his small army defeated the Midianites armed with trumpets, jars, and torches. Their job was to make noise, and God caused the enemy army to turn on each other.
 
Have you felt inferior or undeserving? Maybe you’ve experienced fear when it comes to accomplishing God’s will for you. Don’t concentrate on what you can do; add in the God factor.
 
Think back. What is something you have accomplished that without God there’s no way it would have come about?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment